Motherhood and career is hard

Catriona Rowntree has revealed that she initially struggled to balance motherhood and her career.

The Australian television presenter, who gave birth to son Andrew last August, said that she struggled taking her son with her on a trip for travel show Getaway.

Rowntree told Woman's Day magazine: "I never thought it would be this hard. I actually ended up taking him home after a few days. It's strange - I'd been pressuring the producers to let me bring Andrew along, and include him in one of the stories. But, when push came to shove, it was just too difficult.

"There were vast distances between each story we filmed, no sleep times were scheduled and, to make matters worse, Andrew had his first cold. After I finished filming the one story he was in, it was only fair to take him home.

"It's a bit of a wake-up call, when you've come from a life where you've been in control to realising, 'Oh, it's not all about me anymore. I don't come first'.

"I had wanted it to go really well, because I wanted to prove that [having Andrew] wouldn't be a drama. But I don't know how many trips we'll be doing together."
more

Popular Posts

Blog Archive