Fashion faux pas were great

Drew Barrymore has said that she now thinks the fashion mistakes she made as a child actress were "brilliant".

Barrymore, who appeared in Steven Speilberg's E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial in 1982, when she was 7, has insisted that although her fashion decisions at the time were odd, she doesn't regret them.

Speaking to InStyle, the 35-year-old said: "[My first fashion faux pas was] anything I wore on the red carpet in the E.T. era. What was I thinking? Velour and taffeta, together? Oh, no, no, no. Now I think it's brilliant."

Recalling the first record she ever bought, she said: "The one I really remember was the Go-Go's, Beauty And The Beat. That was, like, the first freak-out I had, where it changed my life. That was girl power."

Barrymore also said that she started paying rent when she was 14 and that her heart was first broken by her first boyfriend Jamie Walters.
more

Popular Posts

Blog Archive