Taylforth reveals new body confidence

Gillian Taylforth has revealed a newly refound body confidence is enabling her to shed her clothes on stage.

Taylforth agreed to replace Bernie Nolan in the touring production of Mum's The Word after the Irish singer was diagnosed with cancer.

Despite being "scared witless" of baring her breasts, Taylforth, 54, said she has realised life is too short for her to be hung up on her image. The former EastEnders star added that her break-up with Geoff Knights last May, after they spent more than 20 years together, has helped her to turn the corner.

She told The Mirror: "I used to suffer from low self-esteem and I was very critical about the way I looked, but being on my own has given me the opportunity to discover who I am again."

Taylforth said the "new chapter" has left her believing that her best years are yet to come.

"Life is too short to obsess about [image] and you never know what's round the corner. You only have to look at what has happened to Bernie to realise that. Now I have the ability to say, 'I'm happy in myself, I'm working - not many actresses my age are - and I've got two gorgeous children'."
more

Popular Posts

Blog Archive