Ayesha Takia took a break to plan future

Ayesha Takia, who is making a comeback with director Nagesh Kuknoor's "Mod", says the break post her marriage was a practical step towards a secured future.

After marrying restaurateur Farhan Azmi in 2009, Ayesha got involved in his restaurant business. Salman-starrer super-hit "Wanted" was her last release.

"I had been working for so many years before 'Wanted', which did really well at the box office and I am thankful for that. I really took time to understand about the restaurant business," Ayesha told reporters at the unveiling of first look of "Mod" here Tuesday.

"I took the break because I really needed to look at the things from an outsider's perspective. As an actor, it helped me a lot."

Her love for acting inspired her to make a come-back, she said.

"For me, it's really about the craft and I enjoy it thoroughly. So, if I don't sign anything that genuinely excites me, I lose interest right there. I was fortunate that Nagesh came to me with 'Mod'," said Ayesha, who made her debut as an actress with "Taarzan: The Wonder Car" in 2004.

The 25-year-old, who earned critical acclaim for her performance in Kukunoor's "Dor", is all praise for the director for extracting the best out of her.

"Nagesh is one who truly brings out the best in me. He taught me my true potential as an actor. I am fortunate to get a chance to work with Nagesh, who gives me role any girl would die for."

"After 'Dor', I didn't think it was possible to do such a role again, but 'Mod' is the best film for me to do after a long wait," said Ayesha.

Set in a small hill station, "Mod" is a love story about two different people. In the film, she has been paired with MTV VJ Rannvijay.

Ayesha is in awe of the character she essays in the film.

"The character I play is amazing. She is matured, independent and totally opposite me. I am amazing (laughs) but not that independent. She manages her life. She has this clock store and earns her living. She meets Raanvijay and falls in love with him."

"She is unlike the character I have ever played before. When you do a Nagesh film, you really go into that detail about the character, her mind and her life. So, the character is amazing and I would miss her forever," she said.

Releasing Sep 30, the film also stars actor Raghuvir Yadav and Tanvi Azmi in pivotal roles.
more

Popular Posts

Blog Archive