How I can be so thin and be pregnant,"Kalki"

Kalki Koechlin on why diaper duty is the last thing on her mind, and the constant comparisons with Katrina Kaif

Kalki Koechlin has had a rough few weeks recently. Her film Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara may have gone on to become a sleeper success, but the actor's poor health has been keeping her from partying all the way.

But before one predicts that she's in the family way, Kalki's quick to clarify that, at this point in time, diaper duty is the last thing on her mind.

"I've just recovered from malaria. Plus, I don't know how I can be so thin and be pregnant at the same time. No babies for me for at least the next 10 years."

That surely should come as a relief for producers and directors who're probably now worried about the stork visiting Bollywood actresses (like Aishwariya Rai-Bachchan and Lara Dutta) at the speed of light these days.

However, right now it looks like Kalki has too many professional priorities to meet to think of anything else.

It's been quite an adventurous journey for the actress. "I haven't had a release for a while, and now finally everything's coming together.

In ZNMD, I wear six-inch heels and walk around in tight jeans, which is so not my style. But for a change, I did not have to act as a disturbed psycho, " she says.

While she plays a possessive girlfriend in ZNMD, in real life she is nothing like her onscreen character. In fact, things are almost the opposite in her relationship with filmmaker Anurag Kashyap.

She reveals, "Anurag dramatises a lot more than I do when we don't get to meet each other for months. But since we are from the same industry, we understand the lack of time."

Apart from the last two releases, Kalki has That Girl In The Yellow Boots, My Friend Pinto and Shanghai releasing between August 2011 and February 2012, which is clearly the highest number of films for any actress this year. It is said that she is being typecast with particular kind of roles, just like the roles Katrina Kaif was offered.

"I can't play a Bihari villager, so I guess it's fair that people cast me in roles that suit me best." And as far as comparisons with Katrina go, she's quick to react, "I thought she was perfectly cast in ZNMD.

Plus, whenever I see her, she looks like perfect marriage material to me. Beyond that, these petty comparisons don't bother me."

Courtesy: Mid-Day.com
more

Popular Posts

Blog Archive