Miss USA, Arrested For Stealing A T-Shirt

Former Miss El Paso USA Lorena Tavera was arrested for allegedly stealing a shirt from a department store on Friday in the border town where she rose to prominence.

The winner of the 2008 El Paso pageant allegedly hid a $69 top in her plastic shopping bag and then exited the store, but employees followed her outside, The Associated Press reported.

The 21-year-old, who finished sixth in the Miss Texas USA pageant in 2008 and now models for Laura’s Productions in El Paso, denied that she stole the shirt.

“I’m going to contact my lawyer. This story can’t be run,” she told TV station KTSM. “The story is wrong first of all. It’s been misconstrued and it’s twisted, so I need to contact my lawyer… I can’t talk to you until I talk to my lawyer.”

It turns out that the former beauty queen also had two traffic court warrants, according to The El Paso Times.
more

Popular Posts

Blog Archive