Michael Clarke: 'Lara Bingle is my past'

Michael Clarke has described his split from Lara Bingle as "hard".

The Australian cricket vice-captain, who called off his engagement to swimwear model Bingle following her involvement in a nude photograph scandal, said that he now wants to look "forward".

Clarke told The Australian Women's Weekly magazine: "That's in my past. It's over eight months ago that Lara and I split up. I'd prefer to continue to look to the future.

"I guess anytime a relationship doesn't go the way it's supposed to go and you split up, then there's hard times. It was certainly a tough time, I'm sure, for both of us.

"I'll never understand why there is so much interest in my personal life. For me, it was eight months ago, I'm looking forward."

Bingle recently said that she and Clarke are "the best of friends" and still "have amazing chemistry".
more

Popular Posts

Blog Archive