Ten Things You Never Knew About Taylor Lautner

For some people the Twlight franchise is about just two things; Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson. However, for an equally sizable group, there is only one thing that matters when it comes to the fantasy vampire flick - that thing is Taylor Lautner. We're not quite sure if it's his bulging body and chiselled jaw or his acting skills that get girls screaming, but we'll take a wild guess that it's probably the first. But how much do you really know about the handsome Mr Lautner? Keep reading for ten fast facts about the New Moon star.

1. Taylor Daniel Lautner was born on February 11, 1992 in Grand Rapids, Michigan. His mother Deborah worked at a software development company, while his dad Daniel Lautner was a commercial airline pilot.

2. So how did Mr Lautner get that famous body of his? Steroids? A year's subscription to Fitness First? Well, apparently the key ingredient was beef patties. "Getting in the gym was easy for me, but the eating was pretty hard," he confesses. "It was just eating a lot. I found out that I had to consume at least 3,200 calories a day just to maintain... I literally would have to carry a little bag of beef patties, raw almonds, sweet potatoes. So it's not like every two hours I'm eating ice cream."

3. Taylor was not aware of the huge furore from online fans surrounding the countdown to his 18th birthday this year. "I don't even know what room in this hotel I’m going to after this!" he joked.

4. When Lautner signed up to star in the Twilight franchise, he insists that he had no idea what a big deal it was going to be. In fact, he'd never even heard of the books. "My agent told me, he's like, 'Yeah, this one's kind of big. This one's big'. And I was like, 'I've never heard of it. Oh, okay'....So then I get cast and I go do my research. 'Oh this is based off a book series. How big is the book series?'. So I check it out and it is just mind-blowing!"

5. Lautner believes that you can split the diehard Twilight fans in two categories, the criers and the hyperventilators. "We've definitely seen some passion," he says.

6. Rest easy, topless Taylor fans - Mr L claims that the biggest lie written about him in the press is that he never wants to bare all on screen again. "I didn't say that," he insists. "If I have to, if the character requires it, I will. It's just all what the character requires."

7. What would Mr Lautner do if he wasn't the hottest young thing in Hollywood right now? Apparently, he'd probably be a sports star. The Michigan-born actor's impressive muscles made him a dab hand at baseball and football.

8. Lautner's celebrity fans include none other than Oscar winner Jamie Foxx. The Ray actor even asked Lautner for an autograph on a red carpet, although he did try to pretend it was for his daughter. Yeah right Jamie!

9. Who would win in a real-life fight between Rob Pattinson and Taylor Lautner. Here's Taylor's verdict: "I don't know between me and Rob. He actually does a lot of boxing in his time off. It might be a good match-up!"

10. If you were worried that Lautner's career may be over when the Twilight franchise ends, fear not, because Mr L already has a string of big movies lined up. The most exciting project is his big screen 3D adaptation of Hasbro toy Stretch Armstrong.
more

Popular Posts

Blog Archive