'Thin obsession is twisted'

Amanda Seyfried has admitted that she finds Hollywood's obsession with thin stars "twisted".

The Chloe actress said that size pressures within the industry require her to adopt a strict diet and fitness regime.

She told AOL: "I'm in my mid-20s and I know how to look after my body on my own. I'm not going to deny that I don't think about it every day, it's always on my mind. I clearly like being fit, but it's not thin without a hell of a lot of work - I run and I exercise a lot and then I eat.

"If I have to diet, it's salad with protein, salmon and broccoli, no dessert. But what kind of life is that? So I work out a lot and I'm just pretty moderate about what I eat."

She added: "I have to stay in shape because I'm an actress. It's f**ked up and it's twisted, but I wouldn't get the roles otherwise. If I'd been bigger, I don't think they would have cast me for Mamma Mia!."
more

Popular Posts

Blog Archive