Penelope Cruz's faint fear

Penelope Cruz almost "passed out" at the Oscars.

The Spanish actress - who won a best supporting actress Academy Award earlier this year for her role in "Vicky Cristina Barcelona" - has revealed she has no recollection of the evening because she felt faint with tension.

She explained: "I feel frustrated that I can't remember, because it was beautiful how your family and your people can feel so happy for you. I felt I was on the border of passing out from tension. That I can remember very well."

However, the brunette beauty can recall tucking into 300 canapes, crying for half and hour and being confused about what was going on.

She explained to Britain's The Times newspaper: "I remember thinking, 'What am I doing here? How did this happen?' "

Despite her glowing movie career, the 35-year-old starlet still has problems with her self-esteem.

She explained: "I don't want to like myself too much in my work, because if the camera sees that, it's the thing it will hate the most, seeing an actor that likes himself too much.

"I have always been very self-critical. It's one of those things I don't feel I should try to change. I think you need that to keep growing and improving.

"It is in my nature to worry, about anything. I have always been like that, but now I try to control it and to be more positive. But I worry a lot."
more

Popular Posts

Blog Archive