I don't want a girlfriend

"I don't have a girlfriend. Neither do I wanna have a girlfriend any sooner, at least not when I'm in this kind of environment. I'm very unromantic, I just read or watch films. I am actually very boring, so I am okay single only, I guess," Pattinson said in an email interview.

He denies dating co-star Kristen Stewart.

"We are just very good friends. I did propose to her on the sets. She doubted my seriousness though and even I felt like it was too early. We used to spend some real fun moments together on the sets and I just went ahead and thought of taking it to another level. Well nothing as such worked out, but we still remained forever buddies," said.

Excerpts from the interview:

You have been iconized, doesn't that put you in a strange spot? Do girl fans ask you to give them your fangs treatment?
Well it does. I never thought it would be so big and still I can't believe it. I'm actually not ready to handle this big stardom, but I'm glad that I am learning it at such an early age. I've come across so many instances where the female fans ask me to bite them on the neck.

Not just this, I am amazed that these girl fans include not just young teenagers but females ranging from seven-eight years old to 60-70 years old, and you know what? They all talk the same way and demand the same thing, a bite on their neck! It's so strange and weird. But my answer is the same, 'Look I can't do it, it might hurt you.'

Any danger of being typecast in the blood sucker's role?
Yes, I feel a danger of being typecast in this role, but am sure my other films will break any such notion of people and industry. I'm happy that I've immediate projects to make a mark and prove myself as a versatile actor.

You started as a model. And you've said you looked androgynous. Did you get unwanted male attention?
No, I'm happy that no such thing happened and even if it would have, I would have handled it well as I'm pretty 'straight'.

How do you deal with uncontrollable female following? And how does your girlfriend deal with them?
I try and stay cool and behave as a normal person, which still I think I am. I don't have a girlfriend so I need not worry. Neither do I wanna have a girlfriend any sooner, at least not when I'm in this kind of environment. I'm very unromantic you know, I just read or watch films. I'm actually very boring, so I'm okay single only, I guess.

What about Kristen Stewart?
We are just very good friends. I did propose to her on the sets. She doubted my seriousness though and even I felt like it was too early. I don't know how it happened. Actually, we used to spend some real fun moments together on the sets and I just went ahead and thought of taking it to another level. Well nothing as such worked out but we still remained forever buddies.

Then one day we read in some gossip magazine of our affair followed by all the media making a hue and cry about it. I admit to my proposal; so why would I hide our relationship? So once again I take a chance to deny any such relation with Kristen.

Will you be associated with the "Twilight" series in the future? What are you doing next?
Yes, I'm still a part of "Twilight" franchise and our next in this series is "Eclipse". My future projects are "Remember Me", "Breaking Dawn", "Bel Ami" and "Unbound Captives" with Rachel Weiss and Hugh Jackman.

You're so young and so successful. How do you handle the money and the fame?
Thanks for the compliment. I feel encouraged and proud of my decision of acting instead of pursuing music. Well I don't know how I handle it. It's just happening and I'm still learning. Money and fame are also a part of my normal routine and I try to manage it simply without any airs in my mind. Look, I'm an artist first.
more

Popular Posts

Blog Archive