Lady GaGa inspires me, "Jennifer Lopez"

Jennifer Lopez has revealed that she is hugely influenced by the work of Lady GaGa.

The American Idol judge told MTV News that she is a big fan of the 'Judas' singer, and that creative artists inspire her to experiment with her music.

"I'm always motivated by other artists and inspired by them," she explained. "They inspire me because when I see other people doing great things, it makes me want to do great things too."

Lopez worked with Lady GaGa on the tracks 'Hypnotico' and 'Invading My Mind' for her latest album Love?

Speaking about the collaboration, she said: "I love her sense of lyric and melody. I feel like she's very interesting. It's just not something you're gonna hear every day.

"I really love the records she worked on and was glad to be able to take those and make them my own and actually have that collaboration with her. I feel very lucky to have done that."

However, Lopez added that she has no plans to copy GaGa's eccentric style or antics, saying: "I never am one to look at other people and try to do what they do. I always feel like a true artist does what they do and it is very individual to who they are.

"You can't copy or do anything like that - it just becomes weird - but if you're true to yourself and push your own boundaries and your limits, you can't help but come out with something great."

Jennifer Lopez revealed that she is currently "on the fence" over her return to American Idol next year.
more

Popular Posts

Blog Archive