Halle talks about her painful childhood


Hollywood actress Halle Berry has revealed that her father’s violent behaviour left an "indelible" mark on her life.

The Oscar winner was honoured at Hollywood Reporter''s Women in Entertainment breakfast and spilled the beans on her painful childhood. "My father was a very abusive, very violent alcoholic and he left an indelible scar on my life, on my childhood,” Contactmusic quoted her as saying. "When a young girl watches her mother be beaten and kicked down the steps and stabbed and punched in the face, not only do you feel a sense of fear but you too feel a sense of worthlessness," she added. The ‘Monster Ball’ star also paid tribute to a former teacher, who helped her overcome her violent upbringing. "She saw in me the need to feel valued and to feel loved and to feel I was worth it," Berry added
more

Popular Posts

Blog Archive