Katona cautioned for possession

Reality TV star Kerry Katona has been cautioned by police for possessing a controlled substance.
Katona attended Wilmslow police station near her home in Cheshire after she was filmed by a Sunday newspaper snorting what appeared to be cocaine.
A Cheshire police spokeswoman confirmed following an investigation, a 28-year-old woman had been cautioned on Monday.
Katona told the Sunday Mirror she was "sorry and so ashamed" of her actions in relation to the allegations.

"It was a moment of weakness and stupidity and I regret it terribly," she said, although refused to comment on the nature of the drugs.

Contract axed
Following the publication of the allegations in the News of the World, supermarket Iceland dropped her as the face of its advertising campaigns.

The loss of the lucrative contract came as a blow to her, Katona said, after she was made bankrupt last year and has been left with huge debts.

The former Atomic Kitten singer has endured a long and public battle with alcohol and drugs, however the mother of four denied she had a problem with substance abuse.

"I'm not a drug addict. I don't wake up and think I need drugs. But I know that I have to get some help to make sure I never take drugs again," she said.
more

Popular Posts

Blog Archive