Denise Van Outen 'not planning more kids'

Denise Van Outen has said that the demands of motherhood have made her ask herself if she really wants more children.

The 36-year-old presenter gave birth to her first child Betsy with husband Lee Mead on May 1. Speaking to Fabulous, Van Outen revealed that she currently has no plans to extend her family.

She explained: "Before Betsy was born, and for the first two weeks after giving birth, I was absolutely sure that I wanted to be pregnant again. But then Betsy found her lungs! All the smiles and the gurgles make everything worthwhile, but nothing could have prepared me for just how hard being a mum is.

"The sleep deprivation is the worst and, yes, it has made me think about whether to have another one. My friends say to give it a year and that it's too early to say for sure, but at the minute I would say no, we're not going to have any more."

Van Outen is currently taking part in a charity trek along the Inca Trail at Peru's Machu Picchu heritage site.
more

Popular Posts

Blog Archive