Dating Hollywood, Bollywood together

She is probably the only actor ever to have two of her films, one Hollywood and the other Bollywood releasing on the same date but actress Pallavi Sharda says it was 'pure coincidence'.

The actress will be starring in the Hindi film Dus Tola and the Hollywood film Walk Away, both of which are releasing on October 22. Both the films, however, were shot a year apart but Walk Away took a bit longer to be completed. The co-inciding of films has left Pallavi's disappointed though, as she wanted to give time to both the films.

On Dus Tola
Dus Tola is a comedy based in a simple village setting. It's the story about Shankar an innocent goldsmith (Manoj Bajpayee) who falls in love with the 'town belle' Suvarnalata (played by Aarti Chhabria). Shankar's pursuit of Suvarnalata doesn't find much favour with her father who wants to marry his daughter off to a rich man. And thus the comedy of quirks ensues.

So, where does Pallavi fit in? "I play the role of Geeta, who is a dance teacher in the village and she's the outsider who is watching the drama unfold. She is sweet simple girl who later plays a crucial role in mending the love life of Shankar sonar."

"In a way, I think my role perfectly suited me considering I am a classically trained dancer and it was actually real fun teaching young girls."

Sharda loved working with Manoj Bajpayee. "It was a very exciting experience and it was such an honour especially since I've always followed Manojji as an actor"

Walk Away - The Male Sex and the City?
Walk Away is a cross-over film that explores different cross-cultural ties. It's the story of four guys who need to make several choices. "It's about what the guys choose to walk away from, so it's really about the kind of dilemmas that they face at different points of time but I think everyone can relate to it. In fact, many people have gone on to call it the male Sex and the City," she laughs.

Sharda, in fact, has even played a small role as Sajida Khan in Shah Rukh Khan's hit film My Name Is Khan.

On being Indo-Australian
I've been born and brought up in Australia but I'm a chameleon and I change so much depending on who I am talking to that people can't believe I can talk with an Australian and a hard-core Hindi accent with equal ease," she says.

Incidentally, both Sharda's films clash with Mallika Sherawat's much-touted Hollywood film Hisss. However, Sharda chooses to be diplomatic, "I don't know about that but such things don't bother me; these things are the producers' call," she says.

Pallavi says she has a couple of projects in hand but she prefers to stay tight-lipped about her upcoming projects for now.
more

Popular Posts

Blog Archive