Dannii Minogue reveals Kylie cancer support

Dannii Minogue has spoken about how she supported her sister Kylie throughout her treatment for breast cancer.

Writing in her autobiography My Story, Dannii said that her role was "to keep her as occupied and happy as possible".

Dannii said that she visited Kylie regularly during her chemotherapy treatment in Paris. "My most important job was to keep her as occupied and happy as possible and do whatever it was she wanted to do," she explained.

"If Kylie wanted to go for a walk, we walked around pretty boutiques on the streets around her apartment building. If she wanted to do a Sudoku puzzle then fall asleep, I'd sit quietly with her.

"And if she wanted to watch Ready Steady Cook or The Weakest Link on TV every night, then we'd do that, too."

The X Factor judge added: "Sometimes I'd put on some music, and I'd encourage her to get up and dance around the living room with me. I was keen to get that little performance fairy inside her moving and telling her, 'Yes. You will get back on stage. You absolutely will, and then everything will be as it should be.'

"As the days turned into weeks, my admiration for her grew and grew."
more

Popular Posts

Blog Archive