Penelope Cruz wants to install ropes to swing from in her bedroom.

The actress had to shoot an elaborate song-and-dance rope routine for her new movie 'Nine', and despite damaging her hands during the scene she wants to make the most of her training.
'Nine' director Rob Marshall explained to Vanity Fair magazine: "The day we were shooting her big number she was working so hard. In the middle of the number she does this work with ropes - she was swinging on them and it was scary and she had formed calluses and her hands were bleeding.
"There's this huge sheath of pink satin she slides down on. When we finished the number she had disappeared behind the satin and was in tears. I said, 'Are you unhappy with what you did?' She said, 'No, no, it's that it's over and I loved every second. I want to install ropes in my bedroom so I don't have to let go of it.' "
Sophia Loren co-stars in the film and she bonded so strongly with Penelope, they were inconsolable at the end of filming.
Sophia said: "When it was my last day she came to my dressing room. She was crying and I was crying. This is the first time I have left a film set crying because we got so upset about leaving each other."
Penelope, 35, has previously admitted she found shooting the movie an extremely rewarding and emotional experience.
She said: "I couldn't stop crying, because I had been doing dance classes and rehearsals for so many months. It's in the film and it will be there forever, but I don't get to do it again. I was addicted to dancing!"
more

Popular Posts

Blog Archive