Mischa Barton to quit TV

Troubled actress Mischa Barton has decided to quit TV after the cancellation of her latest small-screen series "The Beautiful Life" because she wants to focus on "more serious roles".

The 23-year-old rose to fame starring in teen show "The O.C." and signed on to Ashton Kutcher's modelling drama "The Beautiful Life" earlier this year which was scrapped due to poor ratings after just two episodes. Barton is now reconsidering her acting future and realises the small screen might not be for her, reports People . "I think I need to back away from the whole TV approach. That whole world of network television, probably isn't, for me, a good idea now. I need to start reading for more serious roles," she said. Barton insists she will take her time to decide her next project. "It's too early to tell yet. I'm passing on all the (early) offers, because that's not the stuff you want to do. I want to go fight for interesting things and look for something that's going to be interesting for me... as a role," she said. "(I'm) reading scripts and enjoying living in New York. Now that I'm not doing the TV show, I've got lots of time to work out," she added.
more

Popular Posts

Blog Archive