Nude-photo scandal determined Madonna to succeed

'Queen of Pop' Madonna has revealed that the nude photo scandal in the early stages of her career made her determined to succeed.

The 'Material Girl' hitmaker's raunchy fame skyrocketed when the photos showing her in the buff surfaced in Playboy and Penthouse magazines in 1985.

The 51-year-old star admits she was so outraged at criticism of the photos, she developed a steely attitude that helped her survive in the music industry, reported Rolling Stone magazine.

"That was the first time I was aware of speaking with my attitude. 'You're trying to put me down because of this?' I (wasn't) going to let public opinion dictate my own feelings about myself. I (wasn't) going to apologise for anything I've done," said Madonna.

Industry experts had feared back then that the scandal would end the singer's career, but she turned it to her advantage and became one of the most famous stars in the world.
more

Popular Posts

Blog Archive