Fawakhergy


No Hot Scenes in Doll’s Night, Just Verbal Seduction

Sulaf Fawakhergy, Syrian diva, co-starred in Lailat Al Baby Doll (Baby Doll Night) with Nour Al Sheriff and Mahmoud Abdel Aziz. This is our exclusive interview with her.


You work with one Production Company only. Right?
Actually, my role is a sort of light comedy. Indeed, I don’t have to play tragic or multi-layered roles all along. New is good. That’s why I agreed to do that role in the first place. I also think because my role was not that huge, viewers didn’t get what they expected, especially I act in front of big stars.

Didn’t you get worried over bold statements?
Um, well, I think Baby Doll Night implies hot scenes. Truth is, I don’t do any hot scenes, only verbal seduction, you may say.

Your career steps seem a bit slow compared, let’s say, to Jumanah Murad.
That’s not a race! Indeed, compared to Murad who started her career here in Egypt, mine has started in Syria. I need to be fully aware of which steps to take in Egypt or Syria. That’s what I believe in.

“She’s just another pretty actress.” You agree to that?
Well, yeah, partly. That’s why I declined scripts where I am shown as a sort of model or romantic girl. This is something I stick to since early starts in Syria.

You always have unachievable terms. How much is that true?
I believe that’s my own right. However, I don’t think I ask for too much as a pay. But, if you mean so-called “youth movies” I decline either because of a bad script or I don’t have much time.

How about Asmahan? Rumors have it you were third recommendation.
That’s not true. As a matter fact, I’ve heard that since last year, before script was even written. But I’m telling you I was a first recommendation.

You agree to Abbass Al Noury’s attack on Egyptian TV drama?
He speaks only for himself. Plus, Egypt remains a leading force in Arab TV drama industry.

But don’t you think attack generates more attack?
When Syrian stars participate in Egyptian works now that’s a win-win situation. Egypt has great attraction for all artists. In fact, Syrian stars love Egypt. I’m all for common productions, which is an actual benefit to all.

How about your TV ads?
I didn’t go for money in the first place. Now movies help me earn a good living. The point is an artist should be true to herself for whatever product she features.

Your frequent travel between Egypt and Syria doesn’t have an impact on your family life?
Nope. I can mange. Plus, dad helps me. For sure, I’m keen to see Hamza, my son, every morning before he goes to school but when I travel anywhere mom is a good replacement.






more

Popular Posts

Blog Archive