BEYONCE EXPLAINS CONCEPT OF 'BOY' VIDEO: 'It's kind of like "Freaky Friday",' she says.

*Photos of Beyonce dressed as a street cop from the set of her video for "If I Were a Boy" flooded the Internet last month. Fans will finally get to see the look in its entire context with today's scheduled premiere of the video on MTV, BET, VH1 and Fuse.
"It's kind of like 'Freaky Friday'," Beyonce tells Billboard of the concept behind her cop role in the clip. "In the beginning of the video, my husband makes me breakfast and he's excited about it, and I kind of don't have time to eat. As a police officer, I have a male partner and the video goes through our days. My husband's at work and has attractive girls flirting with him but he declines their advances. I have a guy flirting with me, and I flirt back."
Beyonce says the clip will bring to life common things that men do to hurt their significant others, like not answering their phone.
"It's about all of the little things that mean so much in a relationship," says Beyonce. "At the end of the clip, you realize that I was acting out his life, and it all starts over again. He was a cop and everything that happened was really him doing the same thing to me."
A video for her other single, "Single Ladies (Put a Ring on It)," will also debut today via MTV, BET, VH1 and Fuse. Both songs were released to radio last week and are the first from her forthcoming, as-yet-untitled album, due Nov. 18 via Music World/Columbia.
more

Popular Posts

Blog Archive