Rihanna's 'Man Down' video is "shocking"

Rihanna's new music video for her upcoming single 'Man Down' has been branded "shocking" by its director.
Anthony Mandler, who also directed Rihanna's recent 'California King Bed' video, has revealed that the promo for 'Man Down' will be "intense".

"We shot the video last month in Jamaica and it's my favourite song she's ever recorded so I was really excited to get involved," Mandler told MTV.

"It's just one of those songs that demands a strong narrative and visual, and let's just say she let me go all the way."

The track, which features on Rihanna's fifth studio album Loud, is about a woman who has been betrayed by her man and ends up murdering him.

Lyrics include: "Cause I didn't mean to hurt him/ Coulda been somebody's son/ And I took his heart when/ I pulled out that gun."

Mandler continued to insist that the video stays true to the content of the song, stating: "I think you can expect something that's dramatic and shocking and intense and emotional and uplifting and enlightening. Without saying too much, if you're looking for a narrative you're not going to be disappointed. Just know that it's going to be exciting."
more

Popular Posts

Blog Archive