Minissha Lamba 'attacks writer Shobha De'

Minissha Lamba has accused Indian novelist Shobha De of "slander" after the actress was detained at Mumbai customs.

Lamba made the comments after De had earlier criticised her following an investigation into unpaid customs duty on jewellery.

After De had posted: "Warning to other Bollywood wannabes to leave those borrowed rocks at home. Dazzle wt yr talent (sic)", the Well Done Abba star responded: "Ms Shobha De, real writers write books. Slandering on Twitter is a job of d less gifted. 'Dazzle with your talent' Ms. De. Not ur slander. (sic)"

Lamba had been returning from her red carpet appearance at Cannes when she was held by customs officers in Mumbai for not declaring the value of the gold and diamonds she had worn at the event.

"I think I got into the controversy by default," she said. "It's one of those life experiences. Even in future I will find myself in unpleasant situations. What I make of them is in my hands entirely."

Lamba had earlier said that she was eating one meal day in preparation for the red carpet event.

Shoba De was involved in a war of words with Sonam Kapoor on Twitter last year, after she had criticised Kapoor's film I Hate Luv Storys.
more

Popular Posts

Blog Archive