Kareena Kapoor 'refuses to endorse chicken'

Kareena Kapoor has turned down the offer of becoming a brand ambassador for a chicken product.

The actress, once voted the world's sexiest vegetarian by PETA, is known to be a strict vegetarian, reports Mumbai Mirror.

"If my fans are looking up to me and have turned vegetarians then I am happy about it. I am a pure vegetarian and it helps me keep fit and healthy," Kapoor said.

After winning the PETA award in 2008 following an appearance in a bikini in a Yash Raj film, the actor announced: "I am aware that my fans have liked my look in Tashan. If they turn vegetarian for that, then I am glad I set an example."

Kapoor recently asked the director of Short Term Shaadi to change the script so that she would not have to eat scrambled eggs in a scene.

The Jab We Met star is also credited with persuading actor Vivek Oberoi to give up meat.

Dabanng star Sonu Sood last week posed shirtless for a vegetarian campaign for PETA.
more

Popular Posts

Blog Archive