Morrissey: 'England doesn't need royal family'

Morrissey has insisted that England does not need the royal family.

In an interview with Radio 4, the Smiths singer confessed that he will not be watching the wedding of Prince William and Kate Middleton as he considers the event to be a joke.

"Why would I watch the wedding? I couldn't take any of that seriously," he explained. "I don't think the so-called royal family speak for England now, and I don't think England needs them.

"I do seriously believe that they are benefit scroungers, nothing else. I don't believe they serve any purpose whatsoever. I'm not an anarchist, but I believe that people don't want the royal family - the so-called royal family. They're not royal to me, but they're royal to the media for some reason."
more

Popular Posts

Blog Archive