George Michael unveils royal wedding track

George Michael has unveiled his much-hyped royal wedding track for Prince William and Kate Middleton - a cover of Stevie Wonder's 'You And I'.

The 'True Faith' singer gave an exclusive first performance to CNN show Piers Morgan Tonight on Friday and told the interviewer that recording the track had been the "best two days of work" ever.

He explained: "The idea came to me last week... that I should perhaps kinda express my happiness at this marriage, in a way, publicly.

"It was an April day that happened to be like summer here in London and I was Twittering and kinda got carried away and decided I was gonna make [William and Kate] a new track... by Friday, so I've had a very busy week."

Michael, who was a close friend of William's late mother Princess Diana, further admitted that he had always wanted to cover Wonder's 1972 song.

"When I was a child I dreamed of singing this song in my imagination," he said. "I used to dream of singing it in the school assembly hall, but I guess this is a slightly bigger deal than that."

He added: "I would really like for any of my fans or anybody who really enjoys this track, if they're gonna download it for free... I would love them to go to Kate and William's charity site and make a donation if they're genuinely happy for these two people, which I think a lot of people are."
more

Popular Posts

Blog Archive