Lara Dutta: 'People want me in Chalo Dilli'

Lara Dutta has said that her casting opposite Vinay Pathak is the unique selling point of their new film Chalo Dilli.

The former beauty queen said that her appearance opposite theatre-trained actor Pathak would bring audiences in to see the film.

Dutta commented: "If I have to remember an unusual star cast I would say Wake Up Sid that had Ranbir Kapoor and Konkana Sen.

"In our film as well, Vinay and me come from different film backgrounds. That's what interests the audiences as to why we have been paired. It acts as the USP of such films as people are eager to see it."

The recently-married star would not confirm the existence of Akshay Kumar's reported cameo in the project.

"I don't know who is there in a cameo role, there can be anyone, Mahesh Bhupathi or Akshay Kumar. Who knows?"

Chalo Dilli is set for worldwide release on April 29.

more

Popular Posts

Blog Archive