Mariah Carey 'loves looking at twins' nursery'

Mariah Carey has revealed that she is in awe of the nursery she has created for her forthcoming twin babies.

The singer, who is expecting a boy and a girl with husband Nick Cannon, said that she "loves" the room that she's decorated for them.

She told Life & Style: "I wanted to create a beautiful, tranquil, cosy environment for the babies. Everything matches, but pieces are individualised to celebrate the twins as separate entities.

"The ceiling has orangey-pink clouds in a blue sky with golden stars twinkling. It's based on two songs I wrote that are fan favourites, 'Underneath the Stars' and 'Close My Eyes'.

"Sometimes I just sit in the nursery and stare at the ceiling because I love it so much. To me, it symbolises wanting my children to dream as big as possible and to let their imaginations be unbridled."

Carey, who is expecting the twins to arrive within the next few weeks, hopes that she will learn from her kids.

She added: "Being a mother is probably the hardest job in the world. I feel like, in a lot of ways, children come into the world to teach us.

"It's going to be a delicate balance between raising them around glitz and glamour and keeping them grounded. One thing I'm sure of is that I'll be grateful for the twins every day, no matter what."



more

Popular Posts

Blog Archive