Toni Collette loves complex roles

Australian actress Toni Collette is glad her acting career is not based on her normal looks because she prefers to play "rich and complex" roles.

The 37-year-old who has played quirky roles such as Sheryl Hoover in "Little Miss Sunshine" and Muriel Heslop in "Muriel's Wedding" prefers meatier roles based on her ability as an actress rather than vapid roles which are given to beautiful female stars, reports femalefirst.co.uk.

"My career has never been based on how I look, and I don't want it to be. I like my work, like my life, to be much deeper than that - that's something I've managed to escape. I think it's a dangerous pressure," she said.

"I would rather play somebody complex and rich and real than some feckless handbag," she added.
more

Popular Posts

Blog Archive