Ten Things You Never Knew About Cat Deeley

It feels like a long time ago that Cat Deeley was lighting up our TV screens with her cheeky smile and stunning figure. The former CD:UK host used to never be off UK screens (Fame Academy, Stars In Their Eyes), but after landing the job of presenting US reality series So You Think You Can Dance, she has become less of a regular fixture. Now the dance show is coming to the UK - with Deeley as part of the package - we thought it was time to reacquaint ourselves with the Brummie TV star. Keep reading for ten fast facts about Miss Deeley.

1. Catherine Elizabeth 'Cat' Deeley was born on October 23, 1976 in Sutton Coldfield, Birmingham.

2. Cat is one of the sharpest TV presenters you'll see on the box. She attended Sutton Coldfield Grammar School and Bishop Vesey's Grammar School Sixth Form, landing herself nine A-grade GCSEs and four A levels.

3. Cat's most infamous TV moment came in 2000 when she was forced to interview Guns N' Roses guitarist Slash on Saturday morning kids TV show CD:UK. No only did Slash drop the F-bomb on Cat, he also regaled a tale about receiving oral sex in a New York bar.

4. Deeley was spotted by the Storm talent agency at the age of 14 when she visited The Clothes Show. Her first TV appearance came four years later when she guested as a model on notorious '90s BBC talkshow Kilroy.

5. Despite hosting five years of So You Think You Can Dance in the US, Cat insists that she still can't bust a move on the dancefloor. "Every now and again I like to let my hair down with my gay boys," she said. "That's my thing. I can't dance at all by myself... The only time I ever look good dancing is if I'm next to my Dad at a wedding."

6. During the height of her SMTV and CD:UK fame, Cat found herself at number seven on FHM's 'Sexiest Women In The World' countdown.

7. Aside from her TV work, Cat admits that her biggest passion is fashion. "I am addicted to Vogue magazines, be they French, British - I adore, adore, adore," she claims. "Oh my God, the clothes I'd die for. And I'm very lucky that I know quite a few designers from back in England, so I get lent lots of beautiful, beautiful things for the show. I'm a very lucky girl."

8. She may be most famous for her TV work, but Deeley has also dabbled in the world of movies. She voiced Loretta Geargrinder in the UK version of big screen animation Robots.

9. If you were thinking about buying Cat a birthday present next year, then you might want to think again. "I hate birthdays. I hate birthday parties. I hate them. I don't know what it is, anybody's only got to come wafting near me with a piece of cake with a candle on and I break out in hives," she confesses.

10. Cat insists that the infamous celebrity rumour about her having a lesbian fling with Radio 1 DJ Edith Bowman is a myth. "There are some things that wash over you. Edith's one of my best mates so it didn't bother me in the slightest," she said.
more

Popular Posts

Blog Archive