Kate desperate for an Oscar

Kate Winslet, who has been nominated five times for an Oscar, says she desperately wants to win the accolade.

The Revolutionary Road actress is the youngest actress ever to be nominated for the accolade 5 times – she received her last nomination at the age of 31. Kate revealed that she really wants to bag the award this time. “I remember when somebody told me about the record, I did allow myself a serious fist-punching-in-the-air moment, by myself in the apartment, you know, just leaping around and screaming and going, This wasn’t supposed to happen to somebody like me. I’m not the pedigree kid. I’m not classically trained,” Kate told Vanity Fair. Kate also revealed to the magazine in an interview that she suffered from body image issues as an overweight youngster, so much so that she remains emotionally scarred by the trauma and still feels like the “fat kid”.

more

Popular Posts

Blog Archive