Brad Pitt set to quit acting at 50

SYDNEY: Hollywood superstar Brad Pitt has revealed he plans to quit acting in three years, but the 47-year-old admitted he is not sure what he will do after ditching a career which made him a household name.

During an interview with an Australian current affairs show in Tokyo to promote his latest movie "Moneyball", the American actor was asked how much longer he would like to "do your business for".

"Three years," he said.

When the reporter pressed him on what would happen then, he replied: "Hell if I know. I am really enjoying the producing side and development of stories and putting those pieces together."

Pitt also revealed that he and partner Angelina Jolie were open to expanding their brood of six children, in the interview screened on Australia's "60 Minutes".

"You know, I don't know that we're finished. I don't know yet," Pitt said, adding that he enjoyed the chaos of having children around despite the lack of sleep this entailed.

"I mean, because those late nights are so fun when one of them's up or those mornings when they get up and make pancakes or something. That's what it's about."

Pitt said his family with Jolie had changed his career, and influenced the kinds of films he wanted to make.

"If I'm choosing a film now, I want it to be maybe less immature than things I have done in the past," he said.

"I'm very conscious, when they're adults I want it to mean something to them. I want them to think, 'Dad's alright'. It changes everything. Everything."

The actor, who rose to prominence in 1991's "Thelma and Louise" and went on to star in "Ocean's Eleven" and "Fight Club", said he had not dealt well with fame in the past and was worried about media attention on his children.

"Sure I worry. It's the only thing I get hot about, I'm ready to fight about," he said.

"But on the other hand you know, it's a trade-off, like anything.

"And we, these guys, I'm so happy for them, because they get to see the world. And their lives are so enriched by it. The privacy issues are something we're always battling."

The actor, who has received critical acclaim for "Moneyball", said he was content with life.

"I think happiness is overrated, truthfully. I do. I think sometimes you're happy, sometimes you're not. There's too much pressure to be happy," he said.

"Satisfied, at peace, those would be more goals for myself." (AFP)
more

Popular Posts

Blog Archive