Anarkali is different from Munni: Malaika Arora Khan

Malaika Arora Khan tells MiD DAY about her next item song and more in an exclusive during her touch-and-go visit to town yesterday

Your next item number is Anarkali Chali Disco for Sajid Khan's Housefull 2.
I have collaborated with Farah Khan yet again. I dance with Akshay Kumar, John Abraham, Ritesh Deshmukh, Shreyas Talpade, Mithun Da and Boman Irani in the song.

It was great fun as this is not the first time I'm working in this environment, which is a Sajid Khan film. I have been a part of all his films.

I truly believe Farah, who has choreographed this number as well, is very talented and manages to do something different every time and bring out the best. So, I'm quite excited.

The success of Munni Badnam Hui can be partially attributed to its risque lyrics. What are the lyrics of Anarkali like?
They're not risque. It's a completely different song. Munni was very tongue-in cheek and had a North Indian feel to it. The reason I decided to do it is because it's very different from Munni. It's a hardcore disco song. I'm wearing club wear. We have finished shooting it in Mumbai. The film releases in May.

What's keeping you busy right now?
Right now what's keeping me really busy is pre production of Dabangg 2. We are in the process of finalising everything because we start early next year. What I am really enjoying is that I'm very hands on as a producer this time. The first time, I was merely a rubber stamp.

Chitrangada Singh recently said that her she idolises you.
Oh my god. I think that's really sweet. I know her and she's absolutely fantastic, beautiful and talented. And it's great to see mommies today are giving young girls a run for their money.

It's flattering to hear someone admires you and great to see women post marriage and babies, out there, looking better than ever and not letting themselves go after marriage and children. That, for me, is more exciting.

Designer Sanchita recently said in a fashion magazine that everything about you is flawless except that you don't experiment too much with your hair.
(laughs) I shall definitely take that into consideration. I think I am very straight jacket when it comes to my hair and make up. I don't experiment too much with that. I like to reinvent myself every now and then though.

Your New Year's Eve performance last year was the talk of the nation. Where are you performing this year?
This time I'm not so sure. I haven't quite decided whether I'll be in Mumbai or travelling with my family.

According to your D.O.B in a website, you will be 40 in the next two years. How are you so ageless?
Not really. You are ageing me way before my time. They have my birth date and year wrong. I have another five years to go. As for being ageless, the secret is yoga. If you're happy on the inside, you're happy on the outside.

Credit: Mid-Day.com
more

Popular Posts

Blog Archive