I am ready to be reborn'

Drew Barrymore has said that she is ready to take a break from her hectic lifestyle.

The actress admitted that she has been "aggressive" about pursuing opportunities and was left feeling exhausted and in need of relaxation.

"For three years straight, I've been burning the candle at both ends, and as of last December, I just didn't have anything left," she told Elle.

"I've been so aggressive about living life to the fullest and being plugged into everything, but now I've ripped the plug out of the wall and put it on the floor for a while."

She added that disconnecting from her responsibilities has given her time to reflect on spiritual matters.

"I'm thinking about the same things as when I was 15, about spirituality and who I am, who I want to be. It's cocoon, pupa, larva, and f**k, I'm reborn!"

Barrymore can next be seen in Going The Distance, which opens in US cinemas on August 27.
more

Popular Posts

Blog Archive