I don't want to play Saif's sister

Soha Ali Khan says she doesn't mind working in movies made under her brother Saif's banner, but not as his sister.

"At the moment, there are no plans to work under Saif's banner because he has just done 'Love Aaj Kal' and now he is working on 'Agent Vinod', " Soha told in an interview.

"Most of the films Saif is planning at the moment will have him as the hero; so that doesn't leave much space for me apart from being the sister of the hero, which is not very exciting.

"Unless he ventures out and makes something where he is not playing the hero, then maybe we will do something together. I would want that because I like his taste in films a lot, " she said.

Saif branched out into film production by launching his banner Illuminati Films and his maiden venture as producer was hit film "Love Aaj Kal". Directed by Imtiaz Ali, it starred him along with Deepika Padukone.

Asked if she would be interested in venturing into production or direction, the 31-year-old said: "I might venture into production but not anytime soon.

At the moment I feel that I'm very new and I love being in front of the camera and I want to continue acting. As far as direction is concerned, I don't think I have the maturity for that at the moment. It's only acting for me now."

Soha, daughter of veteran actress Sharmila Tagore and cricketer Mansoor Ali Khan Pataudi, made her acting debut with "Dil Maange More" in 2004. She then received critical acclaim for her performances in films like "Rang De Basanti" (2006) and "Mumbai Meri Jaan" (2008).

In her recent release "Tum Mile", which is set against the backdrop of the 2005 Mumbai floods, Soha is paired opposite Emraan Hashmi. Made under Mahesh and Mukesh Bhatt's Vishesh Films, the film has been directed by Kunal Deshmukh.

Talking about "Tum Mile", Soha said: "Shooting for the flood scenes in the film was a nightmare. I have become hydrophobic now. I don't want to come anywhere close to water. It is actually painful to have a bath in the morning. All the memories come flooding back."

Her future releases include "Life Goes On", "Tera Kya Hoga Johnny" and "Accident".
more

Popular Posts

Blog Archive