Halle Berry likes abusive men

Oscar-winning actress Halle Berry says she used to be attracted to "abusive men".The actress says that she regularly witnessed her father attack her mother when she was growing up and says it affected her choice in partners, reported femalefirst.com."My mother was a battered woman and that was my childhood for a good chunk of it. Early on in my life, I made choices, and I chose men that were abusive because that was what I knew growing up," she said.But later she underwent therapy and learned what to do if and when a relationship became violent.The 43-year-old actress has now found happiness with model Gabriel Aubry, the father of her 19-month-old daughter Nahla.She is also using her experiences to help others who have suffered domestic abuse and works closely with the Jenesse Center, a Los Angeles-based shelter which provides support for victims.
more

Popular Posts

Blog Archive