Kanye West is my mentor

Nicki Minaj has revealed that she considers Kanye West to be one of her mentors.

In an interview with RWD magazine, the rapper confessed that she looks to West for advice on her career and was desperate to work with him on her debut album Pink Friday.

"When it came to me putting my album out, I was like 'I can't have an album without Kanye, he has to be a part of it'," she explained.

"He's become my mentor, he gives me advice, he hits me, he takes random pictures off-line and says 'Oh this is a good picture of you'. He's really into fashion so he's a good person to have a well-rounded conversation with."

Minaj also recalled how her collaboration with West on his track 'Monster' originally came about.

"Well I was great friends with [West's ex-girlfriend] Amber Rose when they were dating and she had recommended me to him for his album and I guess he finally relented," she said.

"One day I got a call from her and she said Kanye wanted me to come down to Hawaii and record for the album. He told me I could pick what I wanted to be on, I heard the beat for 'Monster', I fell in love with it, that's how the 'Monster' verse happened."
more

Popular Posts

Blog Archive