I will never do nudity. That's only for my husband

Nudity in Hollywood has been variously described as beautiful, creative or explicit. But lately many famous actors have been vowing never to bare it all.

Oscar winner Kate Winslet, who showed off her bare body in a series of films like "Titanic", "Hamlet", "Iris", "Holy Smoke" and "The Reader", has said no to nude scenes.

During an interview, Winslet said: "I can't keep getting away with it and I don't want to become 'that actress who always gets her kit off.' "

Another celebrity to join the bandwagon is singer-actress Jessica Simpson.

Simpson said she will not take her clothes off for a film even if it wins her an Oscar. She admits nothing will force her to get completely naked on the sets.

"I will never do nudity. I don't care how dark and intellectual the role could be, you know, " she was quoted as saying. "I don't care if I frickin' could get an Oscar for it, I'm not going to do it. Those accolades mean nothing to me. I don't think people deserve to see what's under my clothing. That's only for my next husband."

Ever since "Pretty Woman" Julia Roberts embraced motherhood, she has refused to go nude onscreen for the sake of her kids. The original script for her 2009 film "Duplicity" involved a raunchy sex scene, but she insisted it be toned down.

"I refuse to do nude sex scenes, now that I'm a mother, " she said during the film's London premiere.

Israeli-American actress Natalie Portman, who played a stripper in "Closer" and appeared nude in the short film "Hotel Chevalier", now says she won't strip because she doesn't want her bare images floating on the internet.

"Fantastic Four" star Jessica Alba too has refused to bare all, insisting she can handle being sexy with clothes on but not without them.

The 28-year-old admits she's happy to take on raunchy roles and don revealing clothes in movies, but not more.

"No, I'll never do a nude scene. I can act sexy and wear sexy clothes but I can't go naked.

I think I was always very uncomfortable about the way my body developed, and I remember my grandmother would freak out and throw a towel over me if she saw me wearing just a bra and panties, " she said.

"I come from a very Catholic family, so it wasn't seen as a good thing to flaunt yourself like that. I can handle being sexy with clothes on, but not with them off, " she added.

It's not just female actors taking the pledge, even heroes are gradually joining the trend. Hollywood hunk Brad Pitt has also pledged never to strip.

"I don't want to be embarrassed when my kids get old enough to see my films. I can't see any more nude scenes (in my career), " he said.

"Twilight" star Robert Pattinson was uncomfortable doing a photo shoot with nude models.

Recently actress Demi Moore got upset with husband Ashton Kutcher's naked pictures with another woman, which were released to promote a film.

Kutcher, 31, who stars alongside 40-year-old actress Anne Heche in the new movie, plays a shameless man who hits on rich, older women in the new film "Spread".

Moore was unimpressed with the steamy pictures of him and another actress that have been released to promote the movie.

"Demi doesn't mind cinema fans ogling her hubby but she doesn't want these pictures in the press forever reminding her he got so hot with someone else. But after all his usual goofy roles, Ashton wanted to show there's a lot more to him, " said a source.
more

Popular Posts

Blog Archive