Tennis star apologises for kangaroo joke

Caroline Wozniacki has apologised for making up a story to the media recently.

The 20-year-old tennis champion from Denmark, who is currently rated number one in the world, said that telling the press that she had been attacked by a kangaroo during the Australian Open was a "blonde" moment.

Wozniacki later admitted that her bandaged leg was due to walking into a treadmill and called a press conference to apologise to the journalists who she misled.

According to AFP, she said: "I didn't think you would believe it because I thought it was a story [that] didn't sound right. But actually I'm a good actress I think. Maybe I should ask for a part in a movie.

"I'm sorry if I caused an inconvenience. I really didn't mean to. So I just wanted to apologise and that's why I'm here. I'm hoping that the press conferences in the future will still be funny. I promise if I make a joke like this, I'll make sure to clarify it before I leave."

Wozniacki reportedly made up the story after hearing that some journalists thought her media appearances were "boring".

more

Popular Posts

Blog Archive