Mallika now wants to learn lavani

She enjoys typical Bollywood dancing, but now "Maiyya maiyya" girl Mallika Sherawat is keen to learn lavani, a popular folk dance of Maharashtra.

"I'm not a trained dancer, but I enjoy dancing. My favourite dance is Bollywood dance, but now I want to learn lavani. I'm not getting a teacher, but as soon as I get a good one I'll start my lessons," Mallika told IANS.

Currently the actress is hosting a dance reality show "Chak Dhoom Dhoom" on Colors channel.
I never follow a pattern: Madhur Bhandarkar

After making hard-hitting movies, three-time National Award winning filmmaker Madhur Bhandarkar has moved to comedy with "Dil Toh Baccha Hai Ji" and says he tried the gnere because he wanted to explore new avenues and take fresh challenges.

"I'm a person who never plans a film. I never follow a pattern. For me, it's challenging to try something new and I think as a filmmaker one should always take challenges and I feel one should explore different genres of cinema," Bhandarkar told IANS.

Releasing Jan 28, "Dil Toh Baccha Hai Ji" revolves around three bachelors, played by Ajay Devgn, Emraan Hashmi and Omi Vaidya, and their love life.

Abhay, Emraan will break stereotypes in 'Shanghai': Dibakar Banerjee

Filmmaker Dibakar Banerjee, who has brought actors Emraan Hashmi and Abhay Deol together for the first time for his film "Shanghai", says they will be seen in a new light in his movie.

"I have been aware of how people look at Abhay... they see him as this black sheep and dark horse. And I know when people think of Emraan, they think of a kiss. But in this film, equations will change and they will be seen in a very different light," Dibakar told

"I needed two characters who were dramatically different in this film. Abhay came in first and then I pursued Emraan. They'll be breaking all kinds of stereotypes in this film," added the director of "Khosla Ka Ghosla" and "Love Sex Aur Dhokha".
more

Popular Posts

Blog Archive