Christina Aguilera Was Abused by Her Father

Singer Christina Aguilera has revealed that her abusive father made life hell for her, her mother and sister Rachel.In a new TV documentary, the Beautiful hitmaker has revealed that she overcame the childhood pain suffered at the hands of his army sergeant father through music."I witnessed a lot of unpleasant things - a lot of pushing and shoving and fighting and quarrelling. Growing up I did not feel safe, E! Online quoted Aguilera as saying.Feeling powerless is the worst feeling in the world. I turned to singing as an outlet. The pain at home is where my love for music came from," she added.Aguilera's mother Shelly describes the extent of the abuse in the documentary, recalling one horrific incident when she found a four-year-old Aguilera with blood dripping from her chin. The singer's mother says: "I scooped her up and said, 'Oh my God. What's wrong'' She told me, 'Daddy wanted to take a nap and I made too much noise.'"Aguilera's mother eventually fled from her violent husband, taking her daughters to live with their grandmother.
more

Popular Posts

Blog Archive