I’ll never strip like Britney or Christina: Avril

Pop star Avril Lavigne has revealed that despite the fame she always wanted to keep her modesty intact by not stripping for anyone. Sassy songs like Complicated and Sk8er Boi saw her portrayed as ‘the anti-Britney’ and a smart, independent young female artist who kept her clothes on.

“In the beginning some people expected me to be like Britney (Spears) and Christina (Aguilera) and take my clothes off, but I was never going to strip for anyone,” Lavigne told the Daily Mail.

“When you’re in the limelight, people judge you and everything you do sends a message out to your fans. I’ve never conformed to what people think a female pop star should be. I had my own look going on,’ she said.

“The guy who signed me (LA Reid) knew I would never wear pink. I’ve grown out of the tomboy look now and happily wear heels, tight jeans and dresses. I’d never have done that ten years ago,” she added.

Lavigne also revealed that she grew up in the town of Napanee, south of Ottawa, and was dedicated to the idea of becoming a singer.

“I was very driven, even then,” she recalled.

“I always wanted to be a singer. That was my goal and everything was dedicated to that,” she added.

The 26-year-old Sober singer, who also revealed her culinary expertise, said that she is a bit laconic.

“I’m not that talkative really. People expect me to be brash and loud and vivacious – they expect me to be a wild character and I’m not. I’m that person on stage and in my songs, but not away from it,” she added.
more

Popular Posts

Blog Archive