My baby kicked at Oscars

Natalie Portman has revealed that her baby was kicking enthusiastically while she was at the Oscars ceremony at Los Angeles' Kodak Theatre last night.

The actress, who won the coveted 'Best Actress' award for her performance as psychotic ballerina Nina Sayers in Black Swan, explained that her baby seemed to be enjoying the performances during the show.

When asked how her baby had reacted to her win after she had collected her statuette, she replied: "I couldn't tell you. I don't really remember anything that happened just now. But the baby was definitely kicking a lot during the song portion of the show. Little dancer."

However, despite her win, the 29-year-old insisted that she would not be calling her baby Oscar if it's a boy: "I think that's probably, definitely, out of the question."

Portman explained that she now plans to relax in bed before the arrival of her firstborn.

She added: "The next dream I have in terms of the very short-term future is staying in bed, not having to do my make-up or hair, and keeping my sweats on, relaxing. For my child, to be happy and healthy is what every parent could only wish for.

"One of the most exciting things about being pregnant is that I'm accepting the complete unknown. It's a complete mystery and miracle."

more

Popular Posts

Blog Archive