Om Puri 'back with two British Asian films'

Om Puri has two British Asian films due for release in early 2011.

The veteran actor spoke to Digital Spy about his work on Sangeeta Datta's debut Life Goes On and East Is East sequel West Is West.

Talking about why he likes filming in the UK, Puri said: "I enjoy working on British Asian films because in Bombay I hardly cook as we have a cook at home. Here I like cooking, going to Sainsbury's and picking up vegetables and knick knacks to make."

The 60-year-old actor also spoke about the difference between working on Indian films and on international projects.

"Well we have two kinds of cinema in India. One is serious film, and one purely entertaining commercial song-and-dance film," Puri said. "With the serious films there is not much difference except you will have more money and better equipment. I would say overall the British films are much more disciplined."

The Singh is Kinng star added: "I prefer art films. I do Bollywood commercial films for butter, and for bread I do art films."
more

Popular Posts

Blog Archive