Pinto 'favours indie over Bollywood'

Freida Pinto has said that she would rather do an independent Indian production than a Bollywood film.
Speaking in an interview with Blackbook Magazine Pinto said that she isn’t avoiding Bollywood but believes India has better films to offer.


"There are some amazing films in India, made on a much smaller scale, that don’t get the same appreciation as the big Bollywood films, and I’ve never understood why," she said.

The Mumbai-born actress added: "Those are the films that I want to be a part of, so I’m just waiting for something like that to come my way, and I’m telling you, I’m going to grab it with both hands."

The Slumdog Millionaire actress is currently working on French director Jean-Jacques Annaud’s Black Gold which also stars Antonio Banderas and Mark Strong.
more

Popular Posts

Blog Archive