Madhuri Leaves Mumbai

Getting the divine Madhuri Dixit to sign on the dotted line just got costlier. After the stupendous response to her presence on Jhalak Dikhlaa Jaa, Madhuri was a pre-given for the next season.

Sure enough the channel offered Madhuri another season of Jhalak…She apparently showed a keen interest in returning to the show.

But now it appears, in order to get her back, the channel would have to considerably upgrade her already-impressive if not astronomical fee.

Apparently Madhuri's fee is larger than any offered a reality-show judge in the history of Indian television.

Says a co-star who has worked closely with Madhuri, “And why not? She brought so much to the table when she came on-board. Jhalak Dikhla Jaa went to another level with Madhuri.”

While channel sources are tight-lipped about the serious re-negotiation, Madhuri who returns to the US this week, is candid enough to admit that another season of Jhalak Dikhlaa Jaa is being worked out.

Says Madhuri, “We're under negotiation. Nothing has been finalized as yet. Let's see…I really enjoyed my first stint on the show. I am not discounting a second season.”

For now Madhuri is looking forward to joining her husband and sons in the US.

“I don't know when I'll be back. This has been my longest stay in Mumbai away from my husband and kids.

Though my sons joined me in Mumbai during Christmas I still felt the distance. At the moment I can't think of anything but going back to the people who matter the most to me.”

Madhuri hasn't signed any film. “I met directors and heard scripts.But nothing that would tear me away from my children.”

Madhuri is overwhelmed by the response she got during this trip to Mumbai.

“I've to admit this was a very special visit to Mumbai. I felt extremely welcome. But right now I can't say when I'm coming back.”

The channel hosting Jhalak Dikhlaa Jaa would have an answer to whether Madhuri returns to Mumbai in the near future.
more

Popular Posts

Blog Archive